- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- MAXY's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 999900.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- MAXY has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 78.77, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for MAXYGEN INC is currently very high, coming in at 92.00%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 90.40% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 964.90% to $28.24 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MAXYGEN INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 38.95%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.