- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, DISH NETWORK CORP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $489.51 million or 18.22% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DISH NETWORK CORP has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.90%.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, DISH's share price has jumped by 42.70%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, DISH should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- 40.50% is the gross profit margin for DISH NETWORK CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DISH's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 6.30% trails the industry average.
- DISH, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 10.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 0.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.