XL Group ( XL) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, XL Group fell 25 cents (-1.1%) to $22.73 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3.8 million shares of XL Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $22.68-$23.10 after having opened the day at $22.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $22.98. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: National Security Group ( NSEC), down 12.4%, Kingstone Companies ( KINS), down 3.5%, SeaBright Holdings ( SBX), down 2.7%, and Assurant ( AIZ), down 2.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full XL Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.