Varian Medical Systems ( VAR) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Varian Medical Systems rose 90 cents (1.6%) to $57.75 on light volume. Throughout the day, 856,203 shares of Varian Medical Systems exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.22-$57.76 after having opened the day at $56.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $56.85. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Alexza Pharmaceuticals ( ALXA), up 38.9%, Peregrine Pharmaceuticals ( PPHM), up 24.9%, Savient Pharmaceuticals ( SVNT), up 19.3%, and Tengion ( TNGN), up 14%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Varian Medical Systems Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.