Assurant ( AIZ) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Assurant fell 38 cents (-1.1%) to $35.85 on average volume. Throughout the day, 835,190 shares of Assurant exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.63-$35.95 after having opened the day at $35.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.23. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: 21st Century Holding Company ( TCHC), down 3.9%, Homeowners Choice ( HCII), down 3.3%, PICO Holdings ( PICO), down 3.1%, and Independence Holding Company ( IHC), down 3.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Assurant Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.