E*Trade Financial ( ETFC) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, E*Trade Financial fell 15 cents (-1.8%) to $8.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4.1 million shares of E*Trade Financial exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.32-$8.53 after having opened the day at $8.53 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $8.57. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Ampal-American Israel Corporation ( AMPL), down 16.4%, American Realty Investors ( ARL), down 11%, American Spectrum Realty ( AQQ), down 10.9%, and Crescent Financial ( CRFN), down 10.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full E*Trade Financial Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.