Southwestern Energy Company ( SWN) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Southwestern Energy Company fell 78 cents (-2.4%) to $32.04 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.3 million shares of Southwestern Energy Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.36-$32.40 after having opened the day at $32.29 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.82. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: ATP Oil & Gas ( ATPG), down 72.5%, GeoMet ( GMET), down 30.1%, Geokinetics ( GOK), down 14.3%, and Delek US Holdings ( DK), down 11.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Southwestern Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.