Ametek ( AME) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Ametek rose 34 cents (1.1%) to $32.55 on light volume. Throughout the day, 816,864 shares of Ametek exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.86-$32.59 after having opened the day at $32.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.21. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: eMagin Corporation ( EMAN), up 17.3%, Energy Solutions ( ES), up 14.8%, Gafisa ( GFA), up 14.4%, and Xinyuan Real Estate ( XIN), up 13.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ametek Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.