Ecolab ( ECL) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Ecolab rose 81 cents (1.3%) to $65.34 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of Ecolab exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.45-$65.42 after having opened the day at $64.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $64.53. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Enova Systems ( ENA), up 13.6%, Jones Soda Company ( JSDA), up 8.2%, Harman International Industries ( HAR), up 7.5%, and United-Guardian ( UG), up 7.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ecolab Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.