Symantec ( SYMC) pushed the Computer Software & Services industry higher today making it today's featured computer software & services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Symantec rose 28 cents (1.6%) to $17.28 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 17 million shares of Symantec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 9.4 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $16.88-$17.30 after having opened the day at $17.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17. Other companies within the Computer Software & Services industry that increased today were: Imperva ( IMPV), up 26.4%, Bottomline Technologies ( EPAY), up 20.1%, inContact ( SAAS), up 14.7%, and Open Text Corporation ( OTEX), up 10.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Symantec Ratings Report.
- Use our computer software & services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.