Valspar Corporation ( VAL) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Valspar Corporation rose 59 cents (1.1%) to $52.59 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Valspar Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 924,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $51.40-$52.66 after having opened the day at $51.56 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Yongye International ( YONG), up 11.3%, American Pacific Corporation ( APFC), up 8.9%, Ikonics Corporation ( IKNX), up 7.5%, and Altair Nanotechnologies ( ALTI), up 6.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Valspar Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.