Ecopetrol S.A ( EC) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Ecopetrol S.A rose 73 cents (1.2%) to $59.45 on light volume. Throughout the day, 469,939 shares of Ecopetrol S.A exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 695,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.11-$59.62 after having opened the day at $58.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.72. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Houston American Energy Corporation ( HUSA), up 37.9%, Yongye International ( YONG), up 11.3%, Sonde Resources ( SOQ), up 10.3%, and American Pacific Corporation ( APFC), up 8.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ecopetrol S.A Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.