- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 35.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 194.59% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, our hold rating indicates that we do not recommend additional investment in this stock despite its gains in the past year.
- Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.89 is weak.
- EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS CP has improved earnings per share by 35.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS CP turned its bottom line around by earning $1.56 versus -$0.60 in the prior year.
- The gross profit margin for EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS CP is rather low; currently it is at 17.50%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -7.30% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$5.44 million or 326.43% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.