MSC Industrial Direct ( MSM) pushed the Wholesale industry lower today making it today's featured Wholesale laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, MSC Industrial Direct fell $1.04 (-1.5%) to $69.22 on light volume. Throughout the day, 232,783 shares of MSC Industrial Direct exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 648,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $69.13-$70.37 after having opened the day at $70.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $70.26. Other companies within the Wholesale industry that declined today were: China Auto Logistics ( CALI), down 14.3%, Universal Power Group ( UPG), down 4.7%, Lawson Products ( LAWS), down 4.2%, and SinoHub ( SIHI), down 4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full MSC Industrial Direct Ratings Report.
- Use our wholesale section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.