United Continental Holdings ( UAL) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, United Continental Holdings fell 43 cents (-2.4%) to $17.89 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.1 million shares of United Continental Holdings exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $17.81-$18.38 after having opened the day at $18.38 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.32. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: Seanergy Maritime Holdings ( SHIP), down 11.9%, Covenant Transportation Group ( CVTI), down 5.3%, Eagle Bulk Shipping ( EGLE), down 5.2%, and Allegiant Travel Company ( ALGT), down 4.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full United Continental Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.