Royal Gold ( RGLD) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.8%. By the end of trading, Royal Gold fell $2.01 (-2.5%) to $76.78 on average volume. Throughout the day, 892,797 shares of Royal Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $76.05-$78.01 after having opened the day at $77.36 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $78.79. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Alexco Resource ( AXU), down 6.6%, Metals USA Holdings ( MUSA), down 5.3%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 4.8%, and Jaguar Mining ( JAG), down 4.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Royal Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.