Torchmark Corporation ( TMK) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Torchmark Corporation fell 91 cents (-1.8%) to $49.80 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Torchmark Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 779,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $49.65-$50.81 after having opened the day at $50.58 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.71. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Crawford & Company ( CRD.B), down 3.7%, Citizens ( CIA), down 2.9%, United Fire Group ( UFCS), down 2.8%, and Crawford & Company ( CRD.A), down 2.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Torchmark Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.