Smithfield Foods ( SFD) pushed the Consumer Goods sector lower today making it today's featured Consumer Goods laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Smithfield Foods fell 41 cents (-2.2%) to $18.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Smithfield Foods exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $18.35-$18.86 after having opened the day at $18.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.83. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that declined today were: ACCO Brands ( ACCO), down 14.7%, Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies Worldwide ( QTWW), down 10.4%, STR Holdings ( STRI), down 10.4%, and Monster Beverage ( MNST), down 9.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Smithfield Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.