Denbury Resources ( DNR) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Denbury Resources fell 43 cents (-2.7%) to $15.71 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.7 million shares of Denbury Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of seven million shares. The stock ranged in price between $15.64-$16.18 after having opened the day at $16.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $16.14. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: GeoGlobal Resources ( GGR), down 15.7%, Alon USA Energy ( ALJ), down 9.2%, OM Group ( OMG), down 8.8%, and Cereplast ( CERP), down 8.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Denbury Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.