PG&E ( PCG) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, PG&E fell 65 cents (-1.4%) to $45.13 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4.5 million shares of PG&E exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.88-$46.02 after having opened the day at $45.78 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.78. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: Suburban Propane Partners ( SPH), down 6.4%, Delta Natural Gas Company ( DGAS), down 5.5%, Clean Energy Fuels Corporation ( CLNE), down 4%, and Ocean Power Technologies ( OPTT), down 3.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full PG&E Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.