Anglogold Ashanti ( AU) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Anglogold Ashanti fell 80 cents (-2.3%) to $33.80 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Anglogold Ashanti exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $33.80-$34.40 after having opened the day at $34.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.60. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Alexco Resource ( AXU), down 15.9%, Alpha Natural Resources ( ANR), down 8.7%, China Precision Steel ( CPSL), down 8.1%, and USEC ( USU), down 7.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Anglogold Ashanti Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.