Virgin Media ( VMED) pushed the Media industry lower today making it today's featured Media laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Virgin Media fell 16 cents (-0.6%) to $27.80 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Virgin Media exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $27.67-$28 after having opened the day at $27.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.96. Other companies within the Media industry that declined today were: Seven Arts Entertainment ( SAPX), down 7.2%, Envoy Capital Group ( ECGI), down 5.8%, Insignia Systems ( ISIG), down 3.2%, and Tudou Holdings ( TUDO), down 2.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Virgin Media Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.