Biogen Idec ( BIIB) pushed the Health Care sector lower today making it today's featured Health Care laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Biogen Idec fell $1.13 (-0.8%) to $145.05 on light volume. Throughout the day, 674,771 shares of Biogen Idec exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $144.83-$147.57 after having opened the day at $146.15 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $146.18. Other companies within the Health Care sector that declined today were: pSivida ( PSDV), down 18.7%, NxStage Medical Incorporated ( NXTM), down 17.8%, Tornier B.V ( TRNX), down 17.7%, and Biosante Pharmaceuticals ( BPAX), down 16%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Biogen Idec Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.