Eastman Chemical Company ( EMN) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Eastman Chemical Company fell 48 cents (-0.9%) to $54.39 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Eastman Chemical Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $54.06-$54.99 after having opened the day at $54.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.87. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Solazyme ( SZYM), down 8.1%, Altair Nanotechnologies ( ALTI), down 6.5%, Senomyx ( SNMX), down 6.2%, and Lightbridge ( LTBR), down 4.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Eastman Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.