Royal Bank of Canada ( RY) pushed the Banking industry lower today making it today's featured Banking laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Royal Bank of Canada fell 44 cents (-0.8%) to $51.64 on light volume. Throughout the day, 320,952 shares of Royal Bank of Canada exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 711,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $51.34-$52.14 after having opened the day at $51.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $52.08. Other companies within the Banking industry that declined today were: Monarch Community Bancorp ( MCBF), down 14.3%, Peoples Financial Corporation ( PFBX), down 8.3%, WSB Holdings ( WSB), down 6.5%, and First Capital Bancorp ( FCVA), down 5.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Royal Bank of Canada Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.