Expeditors International of Washington ( EXPD) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Expeditors International of Washington rose 75 cents (2.1%) to $36.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.4 million shares of Expeditors International of Washington exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $35.30-$36.64 after having opened the day at $35.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $35.67. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Newlead Holdings ( NEWL), up 31.6%, Skywest Incorporated ( SKYW), up 22.1%, Eagle Bulk Shipping ( EGLE), up 9.6%, and Sino-Global Shipping America ( SINO), up 7.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Expeditors International of Washington Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.