Dean Foods Company ( DF) pushed the Food & Beverage industry higher today making it today's featured food & beverage winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, Dean Foods Company rose $5.04 (40.6%) to $17.46 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 30.2 million shares of Dean Foods Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $15.67-$17.50 after having opened the day at $15.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $12.42. Other companies within the Food & Beverage industry that increased today were: Coffee Holding Company ( JVA), up 13.1%, Tyson Foods ( TSN), up 8.1%, Tofutti Brands ( TOF), up 8%, and Chiquita Brands International ( CQB), up 6.4%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Dean Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.