According to the U.S. Census, approximately one in eight people in the United States will move over the course of the year. Comcast, one of the nation’s leading providers of entertainment, information, and communications products and services, is doing its part to help these people by announcing its Movers Edge ® program. According to the Employee Relocation Council, moving ranks as the third most stressful life event. The Comcast’s Movers Edge program is designed to make a customer’s “digital” move stress-free; ensuring they can get their Xfinity TV, Internet and phone services up and running quickly in their new home. Designed for both new and existing customers, key components of the program include:
- A concierge-like Movers Edge hotline where trained specialists are available to answer questions and either set up or transfer a customer’s Xfinity services.
- A variety of installation options to ensure customers are connected quickly and at their convenience, including:
- An easy-to-use self install kit
- Professional installation on the date of the customer's preference with a new 2-hour appointment window
- Customer self-move, which enables current customers to take their equipment with them (only available in select markets)
- A number of offers for new or existing customers making a move, including discounts on Xfinity Streampix and Xfinity Home, and gift cards to help customers as they get situated in their new home.
Additional benefits of the Movers Edge program to further ensure relocating customers don’t miss a beat include the ability to keep their Xfinity account information intact, such as their Comcast.net email address, and where possible their Xfinity Voice phone number and saved voicemail messages. More information on the Movers Edge program can be found here, or by calling the Movers Edge Hotline at 1.855.MOV.EDGE.About Comcast Cable Comcast Corporation (Nasdaq: CMCSA, CMCSK) ( www.Comcast.com) is one of the nation's leading providers of entertainment, information and communications products and services. Comcast is principally involved in the operation of cable systems through Comcast Cable and in the development, production and distribution of entertainment, news, sports and other content for global audiences through NBCUniversal. Comcast Cable is one of the nation's largest video, high-speed Internet and phone providers to residential and business customers. Comcast is the majority owner and manager of NBCUniversal, which owns and operates entertainment and news cable networks, the NBC and Telemundo broadcast networks, local television station groups, television production operations, a major motion picture company and theme parks.