- Net course registrations increased to approximately 92,900 in the second quarter of 2012, a year-over-year increase of 18%.
- Net course registrations by new students in the second quarter of 2012 increased to approximately 19,600, an increase of approximately 4% over the same period of 2011.
- Second quarter 2012 revenues increased 23% to $74.6 million, compared to $60.8 million in the second quarter of 2011.
- Income from operations before interest income and income taxes in the second quarter of 2012 increased to $15.0 million, compared to $14.9 million in the same period of 2011.
- Net income for the second quarter of 2012 increased to $9.2 million, or $0.51 per diluted share, compared to $9.0 million, or $0.49 per diluted share, in the same period of 2011.
American Public Education, Inc. (NASDAQ: APEI) – parent company of online learning provider American Public University System (APUS), which operates through American Military University (AMU) and American Public University (APU) – announced financial results for the quarter ended June 30, 2012. Recent Highlights: