Gerdau ( GGB) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Gerdau fell 17 cents (-1.8%) to $9.36 on average volume. Throughout the day, 10.3 million shares of Gerdau exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $9.28-$9.69 after having opened the day at $9.66 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.53. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: China Shen Zhou Mining & Resources ( SHZ), down 21.1%, Timberline Resources Corporation ( TLR), down 11.4%, Quaterra Resources ( QMM), down 9.5%, and General Steel Holdings ( GSI), down 6.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Gerdau Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.