Marsh & McLennan Companies ( MMC) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Marsh & McLennan Companies rose 72 cents (2.2%) to $34.11 on average volume. Throughout the day, four million shares of Marsh & McLennan Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.53-$34.30 after having opened the day at $33.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $33.39. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: MGIC Investment Corporation ( MTG), up 7.5%, Flagstone Reinsurance Holdings ( FSR), up 5.7%, Homeowners Choice ( HCII), up 5.4%, and Investors Title Company ( ITIC), up 4.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Marsh & McLennan Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.