Ingersoll-Rand ( IR) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.9%. By the end of trading, Ingersoll-Rand rose 94 cents (2.2%) to $43.67 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.9 million shares of Ingersoll-Rand exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.93-$43.95 after having opened the day at $42.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.73. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Ducommun ( DCO), up 28.4%, Nobility Homes ( NOBH), up 15.4%, JinkoSolar ( JKS), up 12.2%, and Sharps Compliance Corporation ( SMED), up 11.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ingersoll-Rand Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.