WellPoint ( WLP) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, WellPoint rose $1.62 (3%) to $56.26 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.9 million shares of WellPoint exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.9 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.67-$56.34 after having opened the day at $54.76 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.64. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: Halozyme Therapeutics ( HALO), up 25.7%, Alliance HealthCare Services ( AIQ), up 22.7%, Theratechnologies ( THER), up 13.6%, and Zalicus ( ZLCS), up 11.6%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full WellPoint Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.