Chesapeake Energy ( CHK) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Chesapeake Energy rose $1.67 (9.4%) to $19.37 on average volume. Throughout the day, 41.6 million shares of Chesapeake Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 29.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.72-$19.72 after having opened the day at $18.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.70. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: GeoMet ( GMET), up 26.7%, Exterran Holdings ( EXH), up 17.4%, Goodrich Petroleum ( GDP), up 16.2%, and Recovery Energy ( RECV), up 13.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Chesapeake Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.