- 59 percent said revenues increased.
- 30 percent said revenues remained flat.
- 11 percent said revenues decreased.
- 52 percent expected their revenues to increase more than 10 percent.
- 27 percent expected their revenues to increase less than 10 percent.
- 13 percent expected their revenues to remain flat.
- 4 percent expected their revenues to decrease less than 10 percent; 3 percent expected their revenues to decrease more than 10 percent.
“While small business owners are reporting optimistic 2012 revenue projections, the fact that they aren’t hiring, and operating costs are rising, makes it clear it’s a cautious optimism,” said Gail Goodman, CEO of Constant Contact. “For now, it appears small business owners are continuing to try to do more with less.”Small Business Owners Are Sleepless Over Finding New Customers Though the revenue outlook is brightening, challenges remain for small businesses, primarily how to achieve growth. When asked about what keeps them up at night:
- 76 percent said how to attract new customers.
- 49 percent said how to connect with, and better engage with, existing customers.
- 41 percent said how to get referrals from current customers.
- 83 percent chose email marketing.
- 71 percent chose website marketing.
- 68 percent chose in-person interactions.
- 49 percent chose social media marketing.
- 75 percent chose Facebook.
- 10 percent chose LinkedIn ®.
- 7 percent chose Twitter™.
- Pinterest ®, Google+ ®, YouTube ®, and Yelp ® all came in between 1-3 percent.
About Constant Contact ® , Inc.Constant Contact wrote the book on Engagement Marketing™ – the new marketing success formula that helps small organizations create and grow customer relationships in today’s socially connected world. More than half a million small businesses, nonprofits and associations worldwide use the company’s online marketing tools to generate new customers, repeat business, and referrals through email marketing, social media marketing, event marketing, local deals, digital storefronts, and online surveys. Only Constant Contact offers the proven combination of affordable tools and free KnowHow, including local seminars, personal coaching and award-winning product support. The company further supports small organizations through its extensive network of consultants/resellers, technology providers, franchises and national associations. Constant Contact and the Constant Contact Logo are registered trademarks of Constant Contact, Inc. All Constant Contact product names and other brand names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of Constant Contact, Inc. All other company and product names may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners. (CTCT-F)