- Twelfth consecutive quarter of growth in core revenue and adjusted EBITDA. Akorn’s core business consists of the ophthalmic, hospital drugs & injectables and contract services segments.
- Revenue growth of 97% over the comparable prior year quarter, or 37% excluding the impact of acquisitions.
- Filed three new internally developed ANDAs and completed the development on an additional twelve ANDAs with a combined annual market size of $1.6 billion.
- Launched vancomycin hydrochloride capsules, the generic version of ViroPharma’s Vancocin©.
- Relaunch of two drug shortage injectables: Fentanyl Citrate Injection and Midazolam Hydrochloride Injection.
Akorn, Inc. (NASDAQ: AKRX), a niche generic pharmaceutical company, today reported preliminary financial results for the second quarter of 2012, subject to further review by the Company and its auditors. Final financial results will be filed by the Company in its second quarter 2012 Form 10-Q. Second Quarter Highlights