NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Atlantic Tele-Network (Nasdaq: ATNI) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry. The net income increased by 480.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.82 million to $10.53 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.88, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 165.84% to $58.58 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ATLANTIC TELE-NETWORK INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 16.85%.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff