Equity Residential ( EQR) pushed the Real Estate industry lower today making it today's featured Real Estate laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Equity Residential fell 36 cents (-0.6%) to $62.35 on light volume. Throughout the day, 789,941 shares of Equity Residential exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $62.29-$63.01 after having opened the day at $62.86 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.71. Other company's within the Real Estate industry that declined today were: IFM Investments ( CTC), down 5.2%, American Capital Mortgage Investment ( MTGE), down 3.7%, MFA Financial ( MFA), down 3.7%, and Doral Financial ( DRL), down 3.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Equity Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.