Alpha Natural Resources ( ANR) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, Alpha Natural Resources fell 6 cents (-0.9%) to $6.83 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15.7 million shares of Alpha Natural Resources exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 15.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $6.72-$7.06 after having opened the day at $6.93 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.89. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Oxford Resource Partners ( OXF), down 12.7%, Avino Silver & Gold Mines ( ASM), down 8.5%, China Precision Steel ( CPSL), down 7.1%, and China Shen Zhou Mining & Resources ( SHZ), down 5.8%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Alpha Natural Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.