AvalonBay Communities ( AVB) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.3%. By the end of trading, AvalonBay Communities fell $1.29 (-0.9%) to $143.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 510,270 shares of AvalonBay Communities exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 630,500 shares. The stock ranged in price between $143.36-$145.20 after having opened the day at $144.75 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $144.72. Other company's within the Financial sector that declined today were: Knight Capital Group ( KCG), down 24.2%, Direct Markets Holdings ( MKTS), down 12.7%, Broadway Financial ( BYFC), down 12.2%, and Chanticleer Holdings ( HOTR), down 6.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full AvalonBay Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.