Eli Lilly and Company ( LLY) pushed the Drugs industry lower today making it today's featured Drugs laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Eli Lilly and Company fell 42 cents (-0.9%) to $43.74 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3.5 million shares of Eli Lilly and Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of six million shares. The stock ranged in price between $43.71-$44.13 after having opened the day at $44.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.15. Other company's within the Drugs industry that declined today were: Exelixis ( EXEL), down 13.1%, AVEO Pharmaceuticals ( AVEO), down 10.3%, Senesco Technologies ( SNT), down 9.7%, and Cytori Therapeutics ( CYTX), down 7.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Eli Lilly and Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.