Beam ( BEAM) pushed the Consumer Durables industry lower today making it today's featured Consumer Durables laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Beam fell 56 cents (-0.9%) to $61.18 on light volume. Throughout the day, 453,572 shares of Beam exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 869,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $61.14-$62.12 after having opened the day at $61.94 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.74. Other company's within the Consumer Durables industry that declined today were: Ballantyne Strong ( BTN), down 7.2%, Appliance Recycling Centers ( ARCI), down 4.6%, Johnson Outdoors ( JOUT), down 4.2%, and Sturm Ruger & Company ( RGR), down 3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Beam Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.