Praxair ( PX) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Praxair fell 73 cents (-0.7%) to $105.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.3 million shares of Praxair exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $104.97-$105.95 after having opened the day at $105.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $105.78. Other company's within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Gevo ( GEVO), down 8%, Green Plains Renewable Energy ( GPRE), down 7.8%, NL Industries ( NL), down 5.2%, and Ceres ( CERE), down 4.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Praxair Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.