Pioneer Natural Resources Company ( PXD) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.2%. By the end of trading, Pioneer Natural Resources Company fell 56 cents (-0.6%) to $96.87 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Pioneer Natural Resources Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $96.53-$97.86 after having opened the day at $97.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $97.43. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: GeoMet ( GMET), down 16%, Tesco Corporation ( TESO), down 15.2%, Oxford Resource Partners ( OXF), down 12.7%, and Cubic Energy ( QBC), down 10.7%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Pioneer Natural Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.