BP ( BP) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.1%. By the end of trading, BP rose 44 cents (1.1%) to $41.47 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4.3 million shares of BP exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6.5 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.07-$41.60 after having opened the day at $41.11 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.03. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: Recon Technology ( RCON), up 20.7%, GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), up 18.8%, PostRock Energy ( PSTR), up 9.7%, and Whiting USA Trust I ( WHX), up 8.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full BP Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.