Ultra Petroleum Corporation ( UPL) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.3%. By the end of trading, Ultra Petroleum Corporation fell 46 cents (-2.1%) to $21.01 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 6.2 million shares of Ultra Petroleum Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3.9 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.80-$21.93 after having opened the day at $21.91 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.47. Other company's within the Energy industry that declined today were: GeoMet ( GMET), down 19.3%, Gasco Energy ( GSX), down 12.9%, New Concept Energy ( GBR), down 8.1%, and Constellation Energy Partners ( CEP), down 7.3%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Ultra Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.