SandRidge Energy ( SD) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 2.2%. By the end of trading, SandRidge Energy fell 21 cents (-3.2%) to $6.37 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 28.4 million shares of SandRidge Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 11.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $6.17-$6.62 after having opened the day at $6.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $6.58. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Molycorp ( MCP), down 28.5%, GeoMet ( GMET), down 19.3%, Cereplast ( CERP), down 13.9%, and Gasco Energy ( GSX), down 12.9%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full SandRidge Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.