CarMax ( KMX) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.9%. By the end of trading, CarMax rose 92 cents (3.4%) to $27.86 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1.1 million shares of CarMax exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.39-$27.90 after having opened the day at $27.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.94. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Blue Nile ( NILE), up 34.7%, Francescas Holdings ( FRAN), up 8%, Titan Machinery ( TITN), up 6.6%, and Winmark Corporation ( WINA), up 6.5%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full CarMax Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.