American International Group ( AIG) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2%. By the end of trading, American International Group rose 50 cents (1.6%) to $31.34 on average volume. Throughout the day, 21.7 million shares of American International Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 14.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $30.68-$31.43 after having opened the day at $31.30 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.84. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Citizens ( CIA), up 10.4%, AEGON ( AEG), up 9.4%, ING Groep N.V ( ING), up 8.7%, and Independence Holding Company ( IHC), up 8.2%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full American International Group Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.