Applied Materials ( AMAT) pushed the Electronics industry higher today making it today's featured electronics winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.2%. By the end of trading, Applied Materials rose 30 cents (2.8%) to $11.22 on light volume. Throughout the day, 8.2 million shares of Applied Materials exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13.8 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $11-$11.25 after having opened the day at $11.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $10.92. Other companies within the Electronics industry that increased today were: Nexxus Lighting ( NEXS), up 36%, MaxLinear ( MXL), up 22.2%, Spire Corporation ( SPIR), up 17.6%, and MTS Systems Corporation ( MTSC), up 15.1%.
- ACTIVE STOCK TRADERS: Check out TheStreet's special offer for Real Money, headlined by Jim Cramer, now!
- You can view the full Applied Ratings Report.
- Use our electronics section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.